We played at Josie’s in Emporia, KS last night.Â Highlights:
– Last night Joel = Venom.
– Matt had a bug bite in his shirt.
– Crazy Intrepid drivers on I-35.
– Eric the Boy Scout saved me Re; patch cable.
– PLAYED A NEW SONG!!!111
– Josie’s floor on the verge of collapse (un-aided by Birthday guys).
– Decided I could deal with driving a nice big truck (Joe’s – thanks!) on the way home.
We are working on lots of new shows, SEE YOU –
We slayed the Hurricane in KC last night.Â Dragon parts everywhere.Â Among them:
– I used a new keyboard, acquired only yesterday morning (thanks, Jeremiah).
– We were down the street at Starbucks worrying that nobody was at the show, but by the time we fired things up the place was rocking (thanks, you).
– Joel = biggest rock star ever (we’ll let him explain why).
– Danny’s bass made the entire building shake (I kid you not).
– Band already knows what to do with my drink tickets!
– New, extended “Collaborate” = more badonkadonk shaking.
– Lost an extra hour’s sleep.
– Photos, and new photos, soon (and on myspace).
– SEE YOU
# 1 – We are playing tomorrow night at the Hurricane in KC (Westport).Â I don’t have details right now, but standard practice says that music will start around 9:30 pm and the show will cost about $ 5.Â Check back here for details tomorrow, but that is enough for you to call your friends and come down to rock with us.
# 2 – I’ve updated the website with better links, images (check the partial bio), and a massaged photo up top.Â Hope you dig.Â More photos & other stuff is coming soon – we just keep taking steps.Â Thanks for hanging on – we will return the favor tomorrow night!
We played our first show as the new lineup (Joel, Matt, Danny, Eric, Howie) last night at Barleycorn’s in Wichita KS.Â Photos should beÂ up soon.Â It was rocking;
– Learned Matt loves to drive.
– Fit everything & everybody (7) into the RV/trailer.
– Packed my clothes, etc., into soft-side guitar bag.
– Caught Vehicles’ second set of atmospheric rock with UJ on Rhodes.
– DIDN’T listen to a song from the cool top row of the bleachers!Â Forgot!
– Slayed all in attendance with a (7)-song set: Kalispell, Strange, Ghosts, Six Car, Butterfly, Collaborate, Eric’s Pants (I Got You).
– Clapped my hands, said “yeah.”
– Surveyed a Supercenter at 3 a.m. with Matt.
– 3:30 a.m. shower with awesome shower head!
– Found Starbucks around the corner from hotel.
– We are pro at moving gear around, in, and out.
– Returned to KC victorious.Â Hurricane in two weeks – check SHOWS PAGE!
With the site looking 90% finished and some info starting to appear, here’s a rough estimate of where the Farewell is from one of the New Guys.
We’ve been practicing up for St. Patrick’s Day and Emporia shows with a set that is likely to include old and new songs: Ghosts, Kalispell, Six Car, Strange, Collaborate, andÂ I Got You (Eric’s Pants).Â More are in the works.Â You can hear/download three songs on our MySpace.
The site is pretty powerful with commenting and categories, so check it out and make the most of it.
You Should Know Before You See The Farewell; that my keyboard is entirely awesome.Â And by “awesome” I mean “borrowed from a friend, who got it in Jr. high to practice choir parts on, until I find a synth I want to buy.”Â So don’t lose your mind.Â -h