I haven’t checked out the full scoop on these short films, but Cory’s song “Joanna (You Forgot The Time)” from “The Silent Woods” soundtracks this trailer:
- 3 cans of chick peas (2 drained)
- tahini to taste (2 T or so)
- olive oil to taste (3 T or so)
- juice of 1 lemon (also some zest, if you like)
- 1 head dry roasted garlic (or to taste)
- chili pepper to taste (I like 3 dry roasted serranos, or 2 dry roasted and 1 fresh, or else jalapenos, Tabasco, cayenne, hot relish… use your imagination)
- salt or seasoning to taste (like Cavender’s All-purpose Greek or Krazy Jane’s Mixed-Up Salt
Blend all ingredients except the two cans of drained chick peas, until smooth. Then add the remaining chick peas and blend again, stirring carefully as needed or between blendings until your desired texture is reached. If it’s thick, you can add a bit of olive oil or just warm water.
Adding a generous amount of curry powder – I eyeball it, but maybe 1/4 C, or possibly even more – takes this hummus is a new direction. Two red bell peppers roasted on a grill or open flame, or under a broiler, are great, too.
Updated 18 April 2014
I’ve been listening to lots of new stuff lately. New albums by Kylesa, and Tombs; rock. The new Gomez record is a lot better than Pitchfork led me to anticipate. Mastodon’s “Crack the Skye” was a bit disappointing the first time through. I finally heard Juvelen’s whole 2008 album, and cherry-picking three or four songs from iTunes is going to be sufficient there.
Studio work resumes today from a couple weeks’ break, with stitching together Fifty Bears’ rhythm tracks and tracking my guitar where necessary. -h