After all of my careful option-weighing and gear-lusting, I found a great deal on an Eventide Timefactor delay this week on Craigslist and just did it.
I started to dig into it last night, and already have fresh ideas for how to use it live. I’ll test it out on an old Mars Lights song for vocals this week.
The best thing about it is the dual delays, and the way they interact; they make the echoing so much more musical and unpredictable than single repeats.
Separately, Drew’s given me the final, final Side 3 mixes, and we took the cover photo a few nights ago, so that will be out in a week or two with four new songs, his mixing touch, probably our best production to date, and probably both our weirdest and catchiest material (separate songs :-) from the Sides.
In case you haven’t seen Drew’s handiwork on FB already:
I think he has a future in portraiture.
But with that, comes news; we’re getting together with Jim (MR 1986, UUVVWWZ) in a couple weeks, in the hopes that he’ll replace the giant spider. I’m amped for that.
I’ll miss Spidey, though.
Going on two years late, here’s Hear Nebraska’s review of The Sleepover’s Believe The Honesty, Bro. Long-time readers know that “Better late than never” is a fair summary of my approach to music, in spite of my best intentions.
We’re home from Ireland & the Isle of Man tomorrow.
It’s here. It’s been there for a few months, but I haven’t said anything about it until now.
There are links to browse-able archives by author, category, and page, but the cool thing for me is the chronological list of posts (511 as of this one! I meant to note the crossing of the 500-post mark. Ack) going all the way back to our launch in fall of 2004. Even just a scan of the titles is pretty interesting:
- 2013 January – That was a pretty good Ladyfinger show at the Riot Room
- 2012 December – I still like the visceral/mysterious axis
- 2012 July – It’s been almost a year since we were drumming in the carriage house; hard to believe
- 2011 August – The Sleepover at ARC in Omaha…
- 2010 December – Took CA to see Jimmy Eat World for her birthday
- 2009 October – “There is Something and not nothing”
- skipping ahead… or back, really…
- 2007 February – The Shins in Lawrence, and the worst drive home ever
- 2006 May – First shows with Five Star Crush
- 2004-05 – All of the Minneapolis memories…
- 2004 September 21 – Liftoff!
What jumps out at you? What were you there for?